Social media is an avenue most football clubs try to reach and communicate which their millions of fans all over the world. With the help of the social media, fans can get official information directly from the football club they support. Also, with the aid of the social media, football fans can get official links from the official pages, handles of their clubs where they can buy tickets or original jerseys of the club. With the help of the social media, club supporters can get highlights of a match played. Also, with the help of the social media, fans of a club can participate in online giveaways of their club. The social media also helps clubs to build their brands by connecting with millions of fans all over the world. Spanish clubs Real Madrid and Barcelona lead the line in the most famous football clubs on social media.
Today on Sportpinnacle, we will be discussing about the most popular football clubs on the social media.
- Real Madrid: Spanish club Real Madrid is the most famous soccer club on social media. The club has 109.5 million followers on social media of which 32.7 million are from twitter and 76.8 million of them are from instagram. The club boosted their worldwide status by signing famous footballers such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Figo, David Beckham, Van Nistelerooy, Zinedine Zidane (who is their current coach), Gareth Bale, Arjen Robben etc. The club recently increased their Asian base by signing Japanese teenage sensation Kubo. The thirteen times European champions currently have famous world class players like Eden Hazard, Sergio Ramos, Karim Benzema, Marcelo etc.
- Barcelona: FC Barcelona is the second most famous club on social media. The club has 106 million followers on social media of which 30.4 million of them are from twitter and 75.6 million of them are from instagram. The soccer club boosted their worldwide status by signing famous soccer players such as Luis Suarez, Neymar, Philippe Coutinho, Frenkie De Jong etc. The club has five time Fifa Ballon D’or holder Lionel Messi, who is one of the most famous soccer players in the world.
- Manchester United: this is the first English club on the list. Manchester united is the third most famous club on social media with 50.6 million followers of which 19.9 are from twitter and 30.7 are from instagram. The club boosted their online presence on social media by signing the likes of Paul Pogba from Juventus for 105 million euros, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Wayne Rooney, etc. The club became more famous after its heroic comeback in the 1999 champions league final.
- Juventus: Italian club Juventus is no 4 on our list. It is the most famous Italian club on social media with 37.5 million followers. 7.1 million of those followers are from twitter while 14.4 million are from instagram. The club became more popular after the recent signing of Cristiano Ronaldo (the most popular footballer on earth) from Real Madrid for a fee exceeding 100million euros making him the most expensive player in football history above thirty years. The club also has famous footballers such as; Dybala, Matthijs de Ligt, Aaron Ramsey, Adrien Rabiot, Buffon, Pjanic etc. Juventus is also the most successful club in Italian history with thirty-five (35) Serie A titles, thirteen (13) Coppa italia, eight (8) suppercoppa italiana, two Uefa champions league. Three uefa Europa league, two uefa super cup etc.
- Chelsea: English football club Chelsea fc is the fifth most famous club on social media. It is the second most famous English club in the list. The club boasts of 31.4 million followers on social media. 13.2 million of those followers are from twitter, while 18.2 million are from instagram. The club has a strong fan base in Africa because it has had a good amount of African players such as Didier Drogba, John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses, Celestine Babayaro, Samuel Eto’o, Salomon Kalou, Michael Essien, etc. The club currently has famous soccer players like Ngolo Kante, jorginho etc. the club recently increased their fan base in the United States of America by signing USMNT star Christian Pulisic.
- Liverpool fc: With 31 million followers of which 12.3 million are from twitter and 18.7 are from instagram, Liverpool fc is the sixth most famous club and the third most popular English club on social media. The uefa champions league holders online fan base increased drastically after the signing of Mo Salah from AS Roma. The club has famous superstars like Mo Salah, Roberto firmino, Sadio Mane, Virgil Van Dijk, Alisson etc.
- Paris saint Germain (psg): Paris saint Germain is the seventh most popular football club on social media and the first most popular French team on the list. The club boast a huge number of 30.8 million followers on social media of which 7.1 million are from twitter and 23.5 million are from instagram. After the club was bought by Qatar Sports investment, the club has become one of the richest clubs in the world. Their online fan base has also increased with the arrival of famous superstars like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Edinson Cavani, Angel Di Maria, Kylian Mbappe, Veratti, and Neymar.
- Arsenal fc: Arsenal fc is number eight (8) on our list. With 14.8 million followers in twitter and 15.2 million followers on instagram totalling a number of 30 million social media followers, Arsenal fc is the fourth most followed English soccer team on social media. The clubs has a large fan base in every part of the world. The London team became more popular after they completed a feat which no other English team has done in the 2003/2004 English premier league season by winning the league without losing a single game. The club has a large fan base in Africa because of their history of signing African players like Christopher Wreh, Emmanuel Eboue, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gervinho, Nwankwo Kanu etc.
- Bayern Muchen: Bayern Muchen is number nine on our list. With 22.26 million followers of which 4.66 million are from twitter and 17.6 million are from instagram, Bayern Muchen is the most populous German team on social media. Bayern is one of the most successful clubs in Germany. The club has famous footballers like lewandoski, Neuer etc.
- Manchester city: Man city is number ten on our list. Man city is the fifth most followed club from England. It has a total number of 21.5 million followers on social media, 7.1 million from twitter and 14.4 from instagram. The club is one the richest clubs in Europe and has famous players such as Aguero, Kevin de Bruyne, Ederson, Sterling etc. The club is currently managed by famous football manager Pep Guardiola.